Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cata-what?


I am a 2 and a half year old Catahoula Leopard Dog named Dixie.  What, you ask, is a Cata...what?  A Catahoula.  That gorgeous spotted dog you see there.  I'm mostly Catahoula, but Mom says I might be mixed with something, since I am a petite 35-40 pounds (depending on if I'm staying with Grandmom or not).  My Mom says I am the smartest dog she knows(not that I'm bragging or anything..but Mom knows her stuff!)

So how did Mom and I meet?  It was 2 years ago in a scary place with lots of cages that Mom says is a shelter.  She and my Aunt Jennifer came to the shelter to "scope out the dogs" and play with a few, since Mom wasn't planning on adopting that day.  I charmed them and they took me out to play.  I showed off how smart I was and then Mom told me she had to put me back, but that she was doing something called adopting me, which meant I would get to live with her forever, starting in a few days.  After some people did a weird thing called a spay, Mom came and picked me up.  We have been together for 2 years!
Mom got sick earlier this year, so we moved in with my Grandmom and Granddad.  I'm doing a lot of things for her, but I will save that for another entry!
-Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment